Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mr S

Many things have happened these past weeks.  Mostly happy things, and the most frustrating thing is that I couldn't find time to sit down and write about them.  I really wanted to write, but I just couldn't squeeze the time.  I ended up writing bits and bits in my math note book - the one I sometimes take to class, but it was just neither proper  nor satisfying.

Ryan is getting more mobile.  It is getting harder to get him stay still for more than a few minutes, except when nursing.  Sarah, Iman and Dayana went to the Camp Ibadat last week and had a great time making new friends and reacquainting with the old ones.  Kushairy is home till Jan 2, his last mid-sem break in PJ campus.

We stayed at my parents' the whole last week, when Daddy was on his research trip in Kertih.  According to Iman, it was the best vacation ever.  ("Best giler" - her exact words).  I concur. Mom cooked breakfast, lunch, dinner and the snacks in between.  Abah ferried Iman to her extra classes.  That left me free to work as late as I want in school (tidying up and filing) and going to spa for facial, accupressure massage and sauna.  Bliss - despite not having my bff around for the whole week.

After almost 6 weeks of holidays, I am back in the bad, yet familiar love-hate relationship.  With the weighing Scale. The kilos have piled up again, and Mr Scale wasn't very polite in pointing it out to me.  The loving relationship we enjoyed (briefly), ended almost as soon as the Srikandi Reunion weekend was over.  The reunion dinner was followed by a string of dinner functions, SPM hi-tea celebrations and wedding luncheons.  Self-control is never my strong suit (especially when it comes to food); but I just never expected that the kilos would pile up so quickly.  It is 5 more days till the new year, (and for the again-new resolution of shedding the extra fat), enough time to enjoy a couple more roti canai and Big Apple doughnuts, to be downed with several more glasses of Nescafe tarik.

I know it is insane to have your state of mind being dictated by a scale.  But Mr S and I went way way back, even before I met Daddy.  He is the only one whom I can trust to be honest, however brutal, about my fat cells.  So I can't just break it off with him, however torturous this yo-yo relationship is to me now.  He's been with me through (literally) thick and thin. He has seen me through my ups and down, mostly ups.I can't abandon him now, just because I want to start acting mature.  That would be an immature thing to do.  Plus, I need him too much.  Yup, I'll do all I can to win back your conditional love and get back into the loving and soothing relationship with you, Mr S.  Next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment