Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hanging in there.

I just had to call in sick.  My first MC of the year, and the first month is not even out yet.  Woke up this morning at 5.10 am, feeling only slightly better than last night when I fell asleep at 9pm. Alhamdulillah the kids did the important chores; laundry done, doors all locked and Ryan tucked asleep with Sarah.  I just need to sort and fold the clean laundry and clear the sink of the dishes.  It took the strength of every fiber in my body to make dinner last night.

Iman called from STF this morning at 5.30.  We talked until Azan.  She called again at 6.30, still crying.  She is homesick.  When I told her that Daddy is in Aberdeen, UK, she cried even harder.  I wish I had a magic potion to cure homesickness.  Another long weekend (Maulidurrasul Day) is coming up.  She desperately wants to come home.  I asked her to be strong and hang in there.  What else can I say.

I went to school to pick up stuff.  Having an MC slip doesn't mean the work on my desk will get done all by itself.  I pray things will end better today..

Meanwhile.. I am sitting by the laptop waiting for Daddy to Gtalk.  Oh boy.. have I got things to unload!!

No comments:

Post a Comment