Friday, September 24, 2010

Full week

Finally, a full week of teaching is over.  I am easing back to my pre-Ryan routine of doing grocery-shopping during Friday prayer, just before picking up kids from their transit home, and then Ryan from his Pengasuh's. I managed to stop and visit my friend Daizura, who just delivered her 7th son through emergency c-section procedure (gory details spared).  She looked glowing, and already asking about matters in school.  Even with 8 children (1 daughter), she is eager to come back to teach and is worried about her students' preparation to face SPM.  A true teacher.. body, mind and soul..

After 15 years of teaching, I guess I can say that I'm resigned to whatever time-table that the admin dish out to me. I used to protest and grumble (sometimes loudly, mostly silently and cowardly) when they give me subjects which are not my option to teach.  This week has been a real test.  My T&L schedule includes classes in Form 1, 3,4,5, Lower and Upper 6, with 6 different subjects to teach.  This has got to be my most 'caca marba' time table I've received in my entire life as a schoolteacher. And I've never been more spirited to march into the classes.  Form 1KAA was the most welcoming.  These 13-year-olds are quite easy to approach.  But class 4K1 proves to be the most challenging.  I literally had to climb the desk to get their attention.  Fortunately I am limber enough to get down, when the bell finally rang.

I can definitely say that I am in the right profession now.  I hope I can teach till the day I die, or until they force me into retirement.. whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment