Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy to have a job

It has been two days on the job. I haven't received my official time table yet. My PK said I would definitely be getting some of my Form Upper Six classes back. My chance of getting the Lower Six classes is dim, since they have been snapped up. I might have to teach some Science in SPM level too.

It felt great to be wished "Assalamualaikum Cikgu" again.  Some students were generous enough to add the wish with, "Aaaiiihh.. cikgu dah slim!!."  A tip to get noticed: get huge when pregnant, the bigger the better, then lose the whole 15kg during 8 months in hibernation. Show up the first day wearing new outfit and a positive attitude - you'll definitely turn people's heads around.

I was home by 2:15 on Sept 1 and 1:40 pm today. Not too shabby, I guess. The school is still following Ramadhan time table - finish early to make way for the afternoon session, so that they in turn can get home early for iftar. I would have come home sooner too yesterday, except I had to stop at the bank to deposit the school cooperative cheque. My position as the co-op Treasurer, a post I've held since the last 8 years, has been reinstated, effective immediately.

Ryan has been eating well and drinking milk from bottle without much fuss, according to the Nanny, who is a relative from my mom's side. I am secretly wishing that Ryan will pick up Banjar as his third language soon.. not a secret anymore, now that I've written it down here. The Nanny's house is 2 streets away from my parents' house. Just another great excuse for me to lepak at mom and abah's house on a regular basis. Plus I can always call up Abah to pick up Ryan if I ever get held up at school.

Tomorrow will be the last day of school before a full 2-week break for Eid and my son is coming home from college. Have I told you before, that my life is great?


No comments:

Post a Comment