Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Things done for love

We cannot do great things on this earth. We can only do small things with love.
- Mother Teresa

There is a big "Just Do It" sign over my head lately. I put it there to push myself to do things that need to be done around here. Things that need to be said/ started/ completed/ decided/ cleaned up/ arranged/ treated with care/ dumped/ delegated/ shared/ discussed or even forgiven and forgotten. The things are every where I look, left and right. Things that scream for my attention while I'm doing other things. Unnerving things. Boring things. Tiring things. Unexpected things. Chaotic things. Things on my mind. Things that scare the hell of me. Things that question the essence of me. Things that mock my principles. Things that shake my core. Things that creep into my nightmares. Things that I want to run from. Things that escape me. Things that get in the way of my life.

Obviously, I need to resolve these things. I need to find myself again.

I'll "Just Do It".

Then maybe I can get to do the thing I really want to do. Sleep. Not just any sleep - an 8-hr uninterrupted, lying-down sleep on my bed. Sleeping on the rocking chair while nursing doesn't count. Sleeping on the sofa while folding the clothes and watching Oprah doesn't count either. Neither does sleeping on the wheel while ferrying the kids to school. Unless I want to fall asleep forever, that is.




2 comments:

  1. hi Lily... Nice one this one.... yup, innundated by daily chores... sometimes i just be grateful for the things i managed to do... n pray for strength to do the rest... or strength to look the other way... life's too short have to stop n smell the roses too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you.. I just asked my cleaning lady to revert to 5-day-week schedule, just like when I was working outside home, and she said she can't coz she has committed her time working at my friends' houses. For now I'd have to be content with her coming once a week. Then in Oct, she'll up it with alternate weekend. Uwaa..

    ReplyDelete