Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Last day of my Merdeka

21 Ramadhan 1431

It is Merdeka day. I have a pot of bubur kacang boiling on the stove. I just took out the ikan mabung from the feezer, planning to cook ikan goreng bercili (again!). I think I'll stir fry kacang buncis with young corn. All are Daddy's favourite. For the kids, I'll fry the chicken ribs and thighs. Kerabu pucuk ubi just for me.

I've planned to go shopping today, but seeing how hot it is outside.. rain check. I don't want to melt under the hot sun. But Daddy on the other hand, managed to move our 5-foot salak tree to the field across our street. He could have waited for Kushairy to come home this Friday. Tsk.. tsk.. tsk..

It is my last day as stay-at-home mom, after 8 1/2 month of maternity leave. Kind of the last day of my merdeka from teaching/marking/meetings.

I made a promise to Daddy last night - that I'll be home from school by 2 pm every day. I'm just going to try harder this time. Daddy also wants me to make more time available to go home to Kelantan often - hah.. don't milk it too much.. I said.. under my breath of course.

I have laid out my new baju kurung and new tudung (meant for raya, but tomorrow's special enough) at 10 this morning. Daddy just shook his head.

I can't wait to see all my friends and students. There won't be any eating and gossiping at the school canteen tomorrow (still puasa), but I'm sure many opportunities will arise for chatting and some mild gossiping .. how I miss school.

It's only for 3 days though.. then 16 days of cuti raya. Couldn't get any better than this.. that's my life. Yeay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment