Wednesday, August 4, 2010

4+2=6


I wish every day were Daddy's birthday. So that Daddy could stay away from work and I could have get-out-of-kitchen free card every day.

Daddy turned 42 today - exactly 13 weeks after we celebrated our 20th anniversary. Another Wednesday. Older kids at school. The three of us went for our usual outing. Intended to catch Angie Jolie's "Salt" but couldn't get there in time because I got side-tracked by 30% shoes sale. Bought 2 pairs. And a black purse. And a handbag. And 2 tudungs, with the appropriate bling bling - not at the shoe store of course.

Lunch at Jusco. Pizza, bread, mushroom soup and mango lassi. Brought home a box of pizza for Iman, Dayana and Izzah. Sarah was fasting.

Dinner at Waritha. Me, wearing new shoes, new purse, new hand bag, new tudung and new bling-bling. Daddy, wearing 10-year-old tshirt and pants. Poor Sarah has to wait an extra 15 minutes before eating. Dinner was late because we ordered late, because we came late, because I made Daddy turn around the car half way to Waritha, because I thought I didn't switch off the the iron after pressing my new tudung. It turned out to be unplugged, but precious minutes were sacrificed.

Dinner arrived- rice with paprik chicken, sotong tom yam, kerabu pelam with additional kuey tiaw and nasi goreng kampung. No surprise there. Our standard family Thai dinner. I was still slurping the tom yam after Daddy settled the dinner bill. Daddy handed me a small card, with Waritha's phone number on it. "Bulan puasa ni, we call ahead before coming here for dinner, k?". Not many things can make me smile wider.

Came home. Solat. Watched Fringe and Leverage (still are watching, while writing). Great day. Daddy doesn't need new accessories to look good and stay youthful because at 42, Daddy has 6 fountains of youth - 4 girls and 2 boys. He looks good just by being a Daddy. I, on the other hand, need a dozen more bling bling. And a facial session SOON. Because I was the one who gave birth to the 6 precious fountains of youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment