Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy


Taken at Gerik Mosque last month.


Daddy wants nothing for his birthday tomorrow. He told us that many times before. Unfortunately we still can't find any shop around town that sells nothing like Daddy asks. Yup, we checked every shop. They all sell some things, but no nothings.

So we, the children under 40 especially, decided to come up with something for dear old Daddy. Did I say old? I mean cool Daddy. So here it is.

From Sarah:
Happy Birthday Daddy. I love you with all my heart; and please don't fake another heart attack when you see my report card. I'll try harder, OK?

From Iman:
Reasons my father is the best:
He is funny and makes me laugh all the time. He drives me to school. He fixes my shoes when they are broken. He brings me awesome gifts from overseas. He took me to Pizza Hut on my last birthday. He buys novels for me to read. He buys me Dunkin Doughnuts. He rides bicycle with us around Taman. He takes us to great hotels with swimming pools during school break. He lets me carry Ryan sometimes and he is always always there for me. Thank you Daddy.

From Dayana:
The things that I love about my Daddy:
Daddy takes me to great movies. Daddy buys me pretty blouses and t-shirts. Daddy teaches me to read the Quran. Daddy is handsome. Daddy is not lame. Daddy helps me with my homework and takes me to the park if I finish my homework early. Daddy makes funny faces. Daddy taught me how to swim. Daddy bought me the prettiest swimming trunk. I will always be your little girl, Daddy.

From I'zzah:
I love my Daddy because:
He tickles me for no reason. He cliks (sic) my nails. He carries my school bag. He helps me wear my socks. He buys me a new watch. He likes to take pictures of me and put them up on the fridge. He buys chocolate ice cream for me. He teaches me to ride the tricycle. He let us watch cartoon on Sunday morning. He buys putu mayum and apum balik from Pasar Tani for Sunday breakfast.

Last but not least, from our 7-month old Ryan:
Dear Daddy, I love that you are my Daddy. They tell me you are the greatest Daddy that ever walk on the face of the earth; I'll just have to see about that. Now here are my requests for MY upcoming birthday:
1. Lose that goatee, it's ticklish. Really!
2. When you come home from work, please hug and kiss ME first before you hug and kiss Mommy. I am way cuter and I smell nicer too. It always hurt my feelings when you do Mommy first because I am sure Mommy can wait for her turn like the rest of the family.
3. If you are thinking to give me another sibling, DON'T. I like to be the youngest and I won't share my toys. And I absolutely do not fancy sharing Mommy with another rugrat.
4. Wake up at my nighttime feeding because when Mommy dozes off, I need someone to play with.
5. Get me my own handphone so that I don't have to grab and chew yours all the time.
You get that Daddy?

From all of us:
Happy Birthday Daddy, may the best is yet to come.. We love you so much.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear. This is my best birthday give EVER.I could not ask for anything else as I have everything I wanted. And every time I read or heard Surah Ar-Rahman where Allah asks for 26 times.."Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?" I feel so small to ask for anything else...Allah has given me so much especially with You and the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Kushairy:

    Aw, I already bought something for Daddy. Something to wear with your baju raya this Eid. Hehe.

    Dad,
    Thanks for everything.

    From small things like driving me to IIUM on lil' ol' Kembara, to huge stuff like this (very much) useful ACER TravelMte 3202XCi.

    From trivial stuff like breakfasts at mamak stalls on weekends, to meaningful things like believing in this boy.

    For not getting mad when I sold off my (your) Sony Ericsson handphone.

    For introducing me to LowYat years ago.

    For bringing me to Ipoh's very own LowYat, Yik Foong Complex, and for teaching me everything I know about laptops.

    For trusting me to use your precious D3000 DSLR camera.

    For my driving license (hint hint).

    but most of all, thanks for being my dear ol' (I mean, cool) Daddy. :)

    Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete